Creating Communication Opportunities throughout the school day
A practical course for education and health professionals, families, whanau and other interested people. This workshop looks at ways to maximise the use of low tech communication tools to support student’s expressive and receptive communication skills.
This workshop covers:
- The essential skills you need to be a good communication partner
- Developing a communication toolkit
- Core vocabulary: what it is and how to help children learn to use it
- Communication books and boards: what to put in them and how to make sure they are useful and used
- Planning communication opportunities
Lots of practical tools, resources, tips and tricks will be shared.
Cost: $50.00 per person, parents and whanau are free.
Group discounts are available please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
Wellington – registrations are now closed
Tuesday 5th August 2014, 9.30am-2.30pm
Please note a change in venue:
Maungaraki Baptist Church
164 Dowse Drive
Morning tea will be provided, please bring your own lunch
To register please select the appropriate form below e.g. school/organisation choose professional.
Cancellations must be made 7 days prior to the course.
Latest posts by Jane Wendelken (see all)
- Thank you letters from Kaka St Special School! - August 21, 2014
- Tip of the Month May – Visual Schedules - May 2, 2014
- Tip of the Month January – Sharing News from the School Holidays - January 6, 2014