Creating Communication Opportunities throughout the school day
A practical course for education and health professionals, families, whanau and other interested people. This workshop looks at ways to maximise the use of low tech communication tools to support student’s expressive and receptive communication skills.
This workshop covers:
- Core vocabulary: what it is and how to help children learn to use it
- Developing a communication toolkit
- The essential skills you need to be a good communication partner.
- Communication books and boards: what to put in them and how to make sure they are useful and used
- Planning communication opportunities
- Games for communication
Lots of practical tools, resources, tips and tricks will be shared.
Cost: $50.00 per person, parents and whanau are free.
Group discounts are available please email email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
Monday 31st March 2014, 10.30am-3.30pm
Special Education,Nelson Office
19 Haven Road, Nelson
Afternoon tea will be provided, please bring your own lunch
Details for upcoming courses to be added throughout the year:
To be added soon: Hamilton, Whangarei
To register please select the appropriate form below e.g. school/organisation choose professional.
Cancellations must be made 7 days prior to the course.
Latest posts by Jane Wendelken (see all)
- Tip of the Month – November - November 4, 2013
- Tip of the Month-October - October 2, 2013
- Creating communication Opportunities Throughout the School day - April 10, 2013